It’s very rare that I make the same thing two nights in a row. Sure, we use leftovers with the best of them, but if I am cooking it is extremely uncommon for me to cook the same thing on two consecutive nights. This little factoid is important because as soon as I made these roasted chickpeas and my husband tried them he made me promise to make them the next night for dinner as well! That’s when I knew I had a winner!
I love chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) and thought I used them a lot. I make homemade hummus, throw them in salads, stir them in soups, and even toss with pasta. So I couldn’t believe I have never had them baked. It’s a whole new world!
Recipe: Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans. Dry between 2 layers of paper towels, rubbing gently to remove skins. Discard skins and place chickpeas in a bowl.
- Toss with next 4 ingredients and pour onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes. Stir the beans at least once during baking for even browning.