It has been a crazy week!
Thank goodness I made a giant bowl of this quinoa salad at the beginning of the week! It has saved me so much time from making lunches (and even some dinners!). And you KNOW it is good if I’ve been eating it all week and still like it (and want to make more!)!
How can you not love something with this many colors?? It just looks so appetizing!
If you like mango salsa, you will love this salad. That is kinda where the idea came from. This market by my house makes really good mango salsa, and I’ve been going to town on it for the past few weeks. So I decided to try to recreate the flavors without having to consume half a bag of tortilla chips every time I want my mango salsa fix.
You’ve got all the delicious flavors of a mango salsa – mango, jalapeño, cilantro, onion, cucumber, and lime. Plus, I added two kinds of beans to beef it up a bit and make it a more complete meal. This is a truly satisfying, healthy, balanced, meal. You can make it in minutes, and it only gets better as it sits. In my book that makes for an A+ meal!
Has your week been as crazy as mine? What are you doing to relax this weekend???
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large mango, diced
- ½ small red onion, very finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ english cucumber, diced
- 1 jalapeño, very finely diced
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro (one big bunch)
- 1 can black beans (preferably low sodium), rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans (preferably low sodium), rinsed
- For the dressing
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse beans
- Chop veggies and place in a large bowl *note: if you don’t like heat, remove the seed and ribs of the jalapeño before dicing
- Add cooked quinoa and mix well
- Whisk lime juice, evoo, cumin, salt, and pepper together for dressing
- Pour dressing over salad
- Toss to combine